Friday 28 January 2011

My Berlin Fashion Looks Revealed!


Here is the outfit I wore to the HUGO fashion show in Berlin. When searching for the perfect look for the big event I first thought of a theme that I wanted to go with. The theme for this look was old Hollywood glamour. The first thing that I bought was the dress by Boubou and then like a puzzle I tried to put together the perfect pieces that would accomplish my theme idea. The next thing I bought was the shrug. Originally I had in mind a faux fur but when I saw this furry looking piece by INC International Concepts I knew this would work even better! When I tried on both of the pieces, the violet colour on the dress and blue on the shrug complimented each other so nicely! After that my mission was to find the perfect necklace to adorn the look. My vision for the necklace was something chunky and sparkly to stand out on its own since all of the pieces were already such attention grabbers. Luckily I ran into this gorgeous statement necklace in Macy's but sadly there was no tag to indicate the designer! Finally I needed a pair of really great shoes to finish off the look. While rummaging through my closet I found these great BCBG wedges which I paired with sheer black stockings. Not only are these wedges stylish but they're also very comfortable!  


1. Shrug by INC International Concepts
2. Dress by Boubou collections
3. Statement necklace by unknown designer
4.Statement necklace close-up
5.Wedges by BCBG
   
I wore this outfit during a dinner out with the HUGO team and fellow reporters in Berlin. My inspiration for this look was something classic yet simple. The first thing that I found was the black sequined dress by INC International Concepts. On its own the dress is very eye catching and more for a cocktail party than a dinner so I decided to tone it down a bit with a simple black shrug from Mandee. Finally I paired this look with knee-high black boots from Shi by Journey's and voila my perfect dinner outfit was complete!

1. Shrug by Mandee
2. Dress by INC International Concepts
3. Boots: Shi by Journey's
 
What do you guys think of my outfit selections?