Here is a cool watch that the gadget savvy man can appreciate! The WN-2 Earth Watch ($845.00) features the effect of the earth floating inside the frame. The WN-2 shows engineering at its best with a 1/580 million scale model of the Earth's northern hemisphere under a glass dome which rotates once a day in line with Earth's actual motion. The watch displays hours and minutes and the top-down view of the planet lets you see what time it is anywhere in the world!
This WN-2 was created by a team of artists and designers from Japan with the manufacturing assistance of Seiko Instruments Inc. The movement is Quartz with a custom set of 3 reducing gears in the drive train and is powered by a 10 year Lithium battery. The black band is made of “Sophista”; a sports type synthetic fabric with exceptional wear and comfort. The Think the Earth project is a non profit organization founded to promote Earth awareness and provide aid for distressed children.
The WN-2 Earth Watch features:
• 100% Japanese quartz movement by Seiko Japan
• Waterproof to 10ATM
• Materials: Dome- Hardlex Glass. Core module: stainless steel. Bezel- aluminum. Band- urethane-coated leather
• 24-hour time
• Colors (band/earth): blue, silver, white
• Package includes two bezels (silver and sun/moon) and desktop display case. Note that second bezel on white version is differently styled, and does not display sun/moon
• Size: 45 (diameter)x22.4mm (face depth)x227mm (strap length)
• Manual: Japanese, but easy to understand