Monday 1 March 2010

The Monday Mix-up

Simple, clean and colourful.

Showing you all of these wonderfully classy catwalk pieces is a treasure but “where can I buy them George?!” I hear you ask. Every week, my Monday afternoon will now be now devoted to answering this question. The Monday Mix-up is here to help; a light low-down on an outfit I feel essential for any budding fashionista’s wardrobe.

This week, a combination of vibrant colours, neutral greens and browns, perfect for those hot, sunny days in May. I tried to pull together this season’s emphasis on colour with more natural tones in order to frame the dress, which in my opinion is utterly gorgeous. More natural colours, such as the olive green used in YSL’s bag, are usually always paired with pastel pink, creams and browns. Here the bag and Jimmy Choo shoes act as support for the Tibi dress which demands attention. An interesting blend of vibrancy and nature with the classic aviators as it’s finishing touch.

- George Harman